Fuel Efficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Efficiency

I have a 2017 200hp Suzuki on a 22ft boat. How do I determine my optimal cruising speed that I get the best fuel efficiency?
    Last edited by b1gdog83; 06-30-2018, 10:27 PM.

What gauges do you have?

Most people these days get digital gauges, and when there is a speed source available, the gauges will calculate real time fuel economy. This can be mpg or kms/litre depending on your preference. This will very quickly answer your question.

Comment

I have the digital gauges that tells me how many gallons per hour its burning. However, how do I determine the most fuel efficient cruising speed?

Comment

The most efficient cruising speed is the speed at which you are getting the best mpg.

You can work out miles per gallon at various speeds, you will quickly see the most economical speed.

Do you have a GPS connected to the Suzuki network? If so you will already have mpg available to show on the gauges. The gauges usually have a fuel page (hint - check the user manual) and it has mpg already there as standard.

Surely you have a GPS/sonar screen on your boat? What make and model is it?

Its easy to connect a GPS to the Suzuki network, so the gauges then do the mpg calculations for you. It is as easy as iadding an extra T piece and a cable between the GPS and the network.

But if no GPS can be put onto the network:

gph tells you gallons per hr from the gauge
        speed in mph from speedo or GPS

So simply divide speed by gallons. = mpg.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-01-2018, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X