When to use the tilt bracket ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When to use the tilt bracket ??

The manual of the DF115A advises that the tilt bracket needs to be used when moored to: a) support the motor in tilted position, and b) to prevent the trim rams to get rusted (when retracted).
    However, to engage the bracket, motor will be lowered down and so submerge the prop in the water during mooring, which is also not recommended.
    How to solve this dilemma ??

Thanks,
    V.
    DF115A - Jeanneau Merry Fisher 605

I have the same motor. The motor needs to be all the way up to engage the tilt bracket. I then lower the motor down slightly, maybe only 1/4 to 1/2 inch to rest on the tilt bracket. So, unless we are talking about two different things, the motor is all the way up when using the tilt bracket for support.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have another look: maybe the bracket jumped back when I lowered the motor (& submerging the prop).

Comment

Turns out the motor needs to be tilted to its maximum height, then the bracket hook will pass the studs, and catch them when motor is lowered again.
        Had to adjust the pre-set tilt height. Now the tail comes fully out of the water, and motor rests on the bracket when docked.
        Would have been nice if the dealer had explained this...

Comment

Working...
        X