Gauges 2017 300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauges 2017 300

All my port side gauges went blank. I’m running twin 300 that have the square digital shared gauges. All were working fine and then the port did not come on during start up. I had gotten a 9 volt warning previously

any help would be apprieated

First of all, sort out the electrical issue because low voltage plays havoc with both the motors and the network (including the gauges).

The electrical problems could be a battery problem, connections, switch, or corroded wiring. You will have to figure out which and address that first.

Once that is done the gauge issue can be addressed.

A bit more info would then help - are some gauges simply not turning on at all (as if they have no power),or are they coming on, starting up, but no data or dashes?

Comment

Sorry for such a vague original post but i was on the boat and pretty pissed.

Yesterday, I fished all morning with no issues with the gauges. Both batteries were reading 14.3v when running and when on the drift with motors off they were reading 13v. I'm running 3 brand new batteries 1 for each motor and 1 house. So i don't think it is a battery problem.

The port motor starts and runs like a top. But i lost all gauges; trim, temp, fuel burn, hours. rpm, etc

And when I look at the RPM screen i see all the warning lights (see attached)

In the past i have gotten a 9 volt message but for the life of me i can't remember all the text. I assumed it was an internal 9 volt battery
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Rez123; 07-02-2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Ok so the physical gauge turns on, but no data.

try doing a reset on the gauges that arent working properly. They have had some glitches with them and resetting usually works. I heard that a software update is on the way sometime,

i am pretty sure the owners manual tells ypu how to do a reset, otherwise search this dorum, I am fairly sure its been posted before.

Comment

Moonlighter,

Thanks for the information. Basically, I went into the setup menu and changed from 2 engines to 1 engine and then back to 2 engines. It is now working.

Is there a software patch for this?

Comment

Nope, its just an occasional glitch, I dont really know why it happens, although I suspect that voltage spikes may have something to do with it.

Anyway, you now know the fix if it happens again.

Sometimes you can also fix it by doing an auto-selection of data sources - menu/network/device list/data sources then select the option to auto-select data sources and say yes when it prompts you to do it.

Comment

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
              X