Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"check control unit...." error message/engines down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "check control unit...." error message/engines down!

Fishing yesterday when this error message posted on the gauges, for both engines. Repowered last year with new 300s [replacing same] + new gauges. Engines have run very well, but this issue shut the engines down resulting in a very long tow back to the dock. I have calls in to the service guys, just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or has experienced this issue before so I can be a little more knowledgeable than I am now when the diagnosis is performed. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

The fisrt suspect would be a low voltage situation. These engines do not play if their ecu is not getting a decent 12 volt power supply. To have both engines do the same thing points in that direction to me.

Check all batteries, battery connections, harness connections, and main switches, as these may not be covered by warranty.

If its anything else warranty should cover it.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-03-2018, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I will check that and report back. Both batteries have been charging since Sunday so we shall see. I GREATLY appreciate your input; I realize and understand you do not have to share your knowledge but I see that you routinely do so on this site and I want you to know that its appreciated!

Comment

Battery voltage was good. Looks like a harness connection - engine to main harness connection is in the bracket, which has water, which in turn had led to corrosion. It’ll get you every single time, as they say....!

Comment

Ok good you found that. Now you need to figure out how to keep that connection dry and corrosion free for the long haul!

Comment

Working...
          X