2012 DF20A 1-4 code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 DF20A 1-4 code

Something weird is going on with my engine. The engine kicked out a diagnostic code while out on the lake last week. 1-4 cylinder hot. There seemed to be plenty of water pressure peeing out the side, but I went ahead and changed the water pump. It had been 2 years... My engine always started on the first pull, now it takes 4-5 pulls to start and I still get the 1-4 code as soon as I start the engine. I took the boat out yesterday for a ride and to see if the code would clear itself. Once I get above 4000rpms the code goes away. Then when I come off the throttle, the code comes back and my engine remains in a higher than usual idle (1800rmps usually 1000rpms). Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Flyfshermn82; 04-11-2016, 06:30 AM.

I should add that it is a pull start motor.

Comment

Any insight out there?

Comment

I felt that I should close the loop with my engine issue, just in case someone else out there is having the same problem. It ended up being a broken wire at the engine temp sensor connector on the harness side. The harness cost about $200 to replace myself, I did a little digging and found the replacement pin (thanks to my awesome Suzuki rep) part number. I had to buy a pack of 50 for about $25 from boats.net. The fault was cleared in about 3 seconds of run time. All good.

Comment

Working...
        X