Run Charge Switch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run Charge Switch Question

I've got a 1984 Procraft fish and Ski 1850. I bought it from an estate sale and no on knows anything about the boat. I've got almost all of my electric issues worked out. My question is what is the Run/charge switch used for?

I have two batteries on the boat. One starting battery and one for the trolling motor. I added an onboard 2 battery charger this winter.

For the pieces I picked up on the web, I should leave it on Run position and never worry about it.......is that correct?

It sounds like back in the day you charged the batteries thru the trolling motor jack....am I reading this correctly.

Shane

Shane since no one picked up on your question
    I am assuming your question relates to a switch on the charger you added
    It didn't come with instructions?

When you try to think about the reason for 2 modes
    Charging hooked up to 112V AC the charger works to bring batteries up to full charge then should have a function where it becomes a trickle charger and only turns itself on if voltage drops below a specified level
    The "run" mode, my thinking, is when you unplug the line voltage and the engines are providing needed power and the electronics in the charger are then turned off

Get your directions out and re-read the section again operation of the charging system
    Art

Comment

Working...
    X