Df225 runs and dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df225 runs and dies

I have a 2004 df225 that runs great for an hour or so and then while at idle speed it just dies. I get a check engine code on my smart tach but the dealer doesn't get any codes when he puts it on the computer. Today it died and then after an hour or so I got it to start but the engine started bogging down and then it started running perfectly again. I'm at a loss at this point, all filters are new, replaced the idle control valve, replaced a small rubber grommet in the fuel pump but I'm still having a problem I would appreciate any info

sounds a bit like the engine is starving for fuel
    what condition is the prime bulb when this happens?
    is it collapsed or soft
    there have been a number of conversations where the air bleed for the fuel tank gets plugged and creates a vacuum in the tank and so the fuel pump can't pull any more fuel out of it..
    it is always advisable to check some of the simple things first before buying expensive parts that may be working perfectly..
    art...

Comment

I just had a similar problem on my 2006 DF200. It ran great at WOT but died at idle.

Unlike yours, though, it was throwing an IAC bypass adjusting screw code. I followed manual procedure for locking IAC valve at 30%, adjusted bypass to get 700 rpm idle and the problem cleared up.

Since you replaced your IAC valve it might be worth a check. Also, its possible your MAP sensor is wonky.

Comment

Working...
      X