Trim position guage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim position guage

I have a 2007 Suzuki DF-140 4-stroke. The trim position guage is stuck in the "trim up" position. I have no problem adjusting the trim itself. I just don't have the ability of knowing exactly the position it is in at any given time because the trim guage does not show any adjustments.

The problem, I believe, is with a plastic lever that attaches to the trim sender set. I think the part is called the "trim limit switch" or the "trim position switch lever". In any case, it operates the trim guage. It appears the this plastic lever has broken. I want to replace it.

Does anyone know if this part is available separate from the trim sender set, or will I have replace the entire trim sender set unit? What is the part number?

Thanks,
    Jamabama

hi jam is it number 14 in break down

link here Suzuki Marine Outboard Parts 2007 DF140 SENSOR Diagram

Comment

Mitch,

Thanks for getting this info to me. Item 14 is the trim sender I referenced earlier. The part I need to replace is the lever that is shown attached to the sender. That is the plastic part that screws onto the sender with the right angled extention on the lever. It is not shown as a separate part number. Is it available separate from the sender assembly?

Thanks,
      Jamabama

Comment

Trim

It seems to be sold as a whole unit, I have read in previous forums that people have made there own in alloy

Comment

Thanks, Tim.

Looks like I'll have to try to make my own. Do you have any tips on the best way to proceed?

Jamabama

Comment

Did you find a way to build your own one?

Comment

Trim sensor

Originally posted by catacom225 View Post
              It seems to be sold as a whole unit, I have read in previous forums that people have made there own in alloy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamabama View Post
                I have a 2007 Suzuki DF-140 4-stroke. The trim position guage is stuck in the "trim up" position. I have no problem adjusting the trim itself. I just don't have the ability of knowing exactly the position it is in at any given time because the trim guage does not show any adjustments.

The problem, I believe, is with a plastic lever that attaches to the trim sender set. I think the part is called the "trim limit switch" or the "trim position switch lever". In any case, it operates the trim guage. It appears the this plastic lever has broken. I want to replace it.

Does anyone know if this part is available separate from the trim sender set, or will I have replace the entire trim sender set unit? What is the part number?

Thanks,
                Jamabama

Comment

Trim sender arm

I just broke my sender arm I have made another or fixed the broken ne it is working but seems to be a strange way ov moving the arm it seems to get jamed when lowering the motor does any one have info on this I cant see whare the arm is a seperate part $100 to replace the sender and I think it will get jamed and breake again.. My motor is a 2005/6 140hp 4s Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X