Software for DF20 and DF140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software for DF20 and DF140

I have the DF20 and will be putting a new DF140 on the new boat. I'd like to buy the necessary hardware and software to hook up to both for diagnostic purposes. What do I need to get and where should I get it from? Thanks in advance.

Just a warning, I have zero experience with plugging into outboards...

After poking around on the internet and some recommendations from some members, I have a question on the SDS diagnostic tools. There is this type of diagnostic tool that requires a laptop:

Suzuki Marine Outboard Professional Diagnostic Kit No Copyright Violation | eBay

Or this type of all-in-one tool:

Suzuki Mechanic Tech Netbook Marine Diagnostic Kit SDS 7 0 | eBay

Do they do the same thing? Which is better?

Comment

It looks to me to be the same software, just that the second one is pre-loaded onto a "refurbished" older laptop.

In either case you would want to get assurances feom the vendor that they include the latest software updates to work with 2016 engines.

Perhaps some other members who use the sw might chime in, but be patient please.

Comment

It looks like the SDS software kit is only good for DF40-300hp. It looks like it won't work on my DF20A...or will it?

Suzuki Marine Outboard Professional Diagnostic Kit No Copyright Violation | eBay

Comment

i just got the original Suzuki Diagnostic Software and cable and it looks different.
          the DVD is only light grey
          the software is Version 8
          tha interface box is bigger and sealed
          the cable from the interface box to the engine SDS plug is about 10ft long
          the other cables look similar

But it is also true that the original software is much, much more ...
          If those will work, then it would be a good option for a quick code pulling.
          Version 7 may not be able to communicate with newer engines?

Chris

Comment

This one seems to be the one you're looking for...

Professional Suzuki Outboard Marine Diagnostic Kit | eBay

Comment

Thanks for the help. I ordered one today and will be getting it here in a couple days. I might have more questions if I run into something I cant figure out.

Comment

I purchased ver. 7 of the software from e-bay, but did not receive the cable. I have located the connectors, but need to determine the pin connections from the ODB connector to the 4 pin connector? If anyone could provide this info I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I'm still waiting on my SDS kit to arrive. In the meantime, I thought I remembered someone posting a thread/tutorial on how to plug into and navigate through the software...but can't find the thread. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Comment

Working...
                  X