How to get new ECU for a 140ATL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get new ECU for a 140ATL?

I need to replace the ECU on my Suzuki 140ATL 2015 mod.
    Serial number 14003F-511494. Motor and boat was purchased at Sjotorget, Sweden and delivered in Sola, Norway.
    Due to the fact that the engine is purchased abroad, I can not get this part
    through Suzuki Norway.
    However, the local authorised dealer Rogaland Maritime Senter will do the mounting and Programming after.

How can I get a new ECU according to Suzuki world wide 5 year warranty?

As you may know there is a factory recall on those ecu's from the 100-140. a series engines.

Is that why you need the new ecu?

If your country's Suzuki desler will not do it, you might be best to go back and talk to the overseas dealer you bought it from and ask if you arrange to send back your ecu and get it exchanged for a new one.

Comment

Suzuki recall at this forum and Erling Sande Norwy

I read about this recall at this forum and contacted local dealer in Stavanger, Norway for confirmation and eventually change of ECU. The issue concerns my motor and the local dealer do the job for free. Erling Sande will not supply me with a new ECU , because the engine is bought in Sweden.
      If you have more questions, I am happy to give you that, so you can help me out.

Dag

Comment

Will the dealer in Sweden supply the new ecu? If you bought it from them, they should take care of you?

Comment

Thanks for all Your advices so far. I will dig deeper to get a New ECU from the
          former CEO at Sjotorget. He is running a Company named Olympic Sweden now.
          Dag

Comment

Hei is not taking care of me. He is not on the list over authorized Suzuki Marine service workshops in Sweden. The supplier has bought my motor on internet from Ireland.
            Dag

Comment

If the only reason you want a new ecu is for the recall, i would suggest there are now 3 options for you:

1. Dont worry about the new ecu if your motor isnt having any running problems. I know several people with DF115A and 140A motors who have several hundred hours on their motors and only just got the recall done. Some havent even bothered with it.

In other words, it is not an issue that will actually affect how your motor runs in the vast majority of cases. Just make sure you fit a good water separating fuel filter in the fuel line and change the element every 100 hours.

2. If you want to pursue the matter, you have to grovel to your local country's Suzuki importer, because you appear to have got what we call a "grey" import with your motor - one that hasn't been imported thru the proper Suzuki supply chain or distributor network. Each motor's serial number is recorded by Suzuki Japan and they KNOW which country's dealer network it was sold into. If it turns up somewhere else they are not happy.

Local dealers are understandably reluctant to support such "grey" motors because they havent made anything out of the deal because it was done offshore.

We have exactly the same issues here in Australia with outboards that some people import direct from the US due to far cheaper prices: Suzuki in Australia then refuses to do any warranty work or support those motors in any way. It is a risk that you take if you make the choice to go that way.

Further, most dealers risk losing their dealership if they sell motors outside their nomonated territory. That is why few of them will do such deals any longer. In fact Australian dealers are forbidden from selling motors "in the crate" to anyone.

3. See if you can find out who the selling dealer was (in Ireland or wherever) and negotiate with them re the changeover of the ECU. It shouldnt actually be that hard for them to do - if you can agree with them, you pay a local mechanic to remove the ECU or do it yourself, post it to Ireland, they send you the replacement back. It costs them nothing because the replacement is supplied thru their country's Suzuki supply chain. It costs you the postage and any costs to remove and install the ecu.

The main leverage you have with them is that they know that the motor has been sold outside their dealership territory and they wont want you to complain to their country's Suzuki distributor because it might result in them losing their Suzuki dealership. So reminding them of that fact might prompt some support.

Good luck.
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-13-2016, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much!
                I will take this matter further based on you advices.
                Have a Nice day!
                Dag

Comment

Working...
                X