DF90A Interface Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90A Interface Cable

I'm looking for the interface cable for the DF90A so I can network my engine into my Lowrance HDS 7. However it appears that there isn't one available anywhere in the world. Why is this cable so hard to find? I can't imagine it being that much in demand.

Thanks in Advance,

No reason why they should be hard to come by.

The cable is not specific to horsepower.

Here are some i found with a quick google:

Suzuki - 990C0-88149 - SMIS Engine Interface Cable

Suzuki NMEA-2000 Engine Interface

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SMIS-GAUG...-/221654354053

I have dealt with both Brownspoint and Precision Suzuki (in the above links) for supply of this item without any difficulties.

Before you embark on this project, I recommend that you read the paper i wrote in the sticky thread at the top of this forum, it will save you lots of time and answer most if not all your questions.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-11-2016, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, Thanks for the reply! I believe it just may be out of stock everywhere. Not sure why that is the case. I called my local Suzuki dealer and he said he could order it for me, that works for me.

And yes, your article is very well written and I will be using it to refer to when attempting this upgrade..

Thanks a million!

Comment

need part number 990C0-88149-230

I have a 2007 DF175 and understand the 290/350 versions of the Engine Interface cables won't work.

Any help locating the 230 version would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Marty

Comment

Try international Marine in Florida

Comment

Thanks. Having trouble getting them to reply. I will keep trying.

Thanks. Marty

Comment

Ordered one from them yesterday. Looking forward to the extra data it will provide.

Marty

Comment

I got my part that was re-programmed down to 2.30 version and connected it my NMEA 2000 backbone and to the engine with the K9 adapter. I didn't connect the trim indicator.

I have a Garmin 94vs chartplotter and the NMEA network did display a "Lowrance Suzuki" device. However the only data it provided was the number of hours and max speed.

Does the SMIS cable need to be programmed further for my engine type, etc...?

I'll re-read your paper but thought I'd asked the direct question first to see if anyone recognized my symptoms.

Thanks - Marty

Comment

Yes, read my paper, it tells you whats needed re SW version 2.30.

V 2.30 needs to be configured to match the year and hp of your motor. This can only be done using a Lowrance/Navico MFD or Suzuki SMIS/LMf gauge.

So you will need to do that or get it done. Did you not tell Mike the engine details and ask him to pre-configure it for you?

And also, engine data will only come to the network when the engine key is turned on.

Comment

I don't remember him asking me for engine details. I replaced my Lowrance HDS7 gen 1 with the Garmin 94sv so I will go out to the boat and hook up the HDS to the network and see if I can program it. Thanks.
                    Reading your paper now.

Marty

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter. I re-programmed the cable with my old HDS 7 and it works fine.

Marty

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for reporting back to let us know the issues are solved.

Comment

Working...
                        X