flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flush

what is the plug screw in lower unit on my 86 dt 40 suzuki engine lower foot marked FLUSH for. WILL THIS DRAIN THE WATER PUMP? THANKS

no needs

its for a flusher kit

all outbaords drain if you keep it down
    HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Flush

My boat with 2002 DF70 four stroke stays in the water all summer. I bought the Suzuki flush adapter. A couple questions.

Do I flush it with the motor up or down ?

How long ??

Is it possible to run the motor out of water on the flush adapter ??

Thanks for your answers. gary

Comment

down 15mins

u could run it with muffs out of water

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Run engine on "flush adapter"

No one ever came back to me and said yes or no to running my engine out of the water on the flush port only. One of my friends says he routinely runs his 150 Yamaha in his driveway at home on the flush port at the end of the year to flush and winterize before laying up for the winter.

Your opinions please ??

Comment

never use the flush port while motor running

running only with ear muffs

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

according to owners' manual it is possible to run engine using flush port but you have to cover the water pick up's with tape

Comment

So the flush port is used to clear out the cooling system? Can u just add pressurized water into the hole?

Sorry if that's a stupid q.

Comment

Originally posted by JTNail View Post
                  according to owners' manual it is possible to run engine using flush port but you have to cover the water pick up's with tape
                  i would not do it

because the water pump is forcing the water up

you could overheat the waterpump

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Never done it but I quote my DF40/DF50 owners'manual '06 but intend to do it:
                    Flush the water passages as follows (one of the following two methods):
                    -shift the motor into Neutral and remove the propeller
                    -remove the flush plug and install the flushing attachment. Plug the water intake holes with a piece of duct tape.
                    -connect a garden hose to the flushing attachment and turn on the water to obtain a good water flow.
                    -start the motor and let it idle for about five minutes. This will clean the salt water out of the cooling system.
                    -shut the engine off and then turn off the water. Be sure to shut the engine off first.
                    -reinstall the flush plug and remove the duct tape from the water intake hole

The other described method is with ears. So according to Suzuki, it must be no problem!

Comment

ok, i though you were talking about the flush hose

not the screw on the lower unit

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

ears and flush port are both bolow water pump, so this should make no difference.

but in case of any doubt, those ears cost you only a few dollars, or euro's here ;-)

Comment

Working...
                        X