Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 DF140 issues, dealer is at its end...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 DF140 issues, dealer is at its end...

2003 Wellcraft 250 Fisherman. Twin 140s.Starboard motor had an alarm about 6 weeks ago. Ended up having gas in the oil. Dealer said bad CPU among other things. New new CPU, throttle body, IAC, wire harness replaced due to several melted wires. I was told it was all fixed after $3300. Ran the boat, good amount of oil/gas in the water at start up and while running. Back to dealer. They said a faulting fuel pump was putting fuel in the crankcase, new fuel pump installed. I ran it today. Still see a good amount of oil/fuel in water, dealer said probably residual oil in exhaust. New issue today-when I start the motor when it is hot, it idles about 1500 rpm for about 10-15 seconds. After running about 30 minutes at 4000 rpm it suddenly dropped to 3000 rpm for a second, then to 2500 for a second then back to 4000. I idled both motors and took off again to 4000 rpm. Same thing with the starboard motor. I idled again, took off and it ran fine about 10 minutes to the marina. I am loosing faith in my dealer.
    Any ideas??? I am about $4000 in and still not confident with it.

Jyoung look for another dealer! oil/gas in the water would indicate that its coming through the exhaust, a faulty fuel pump will put gas in the crankcase. What is strange is that now you have a problem with both engines. Has anyone done a compression or leak down test, and have you tried running on fresh fuel in a separate tank?

Comment

what alarm code did the aengine throw?
      the uneven RPM could be caused by a fuel problem

the low pressure fuel pump if faulty could put gas into the oil compartment but it is more than likely the float valve in the high pressure fuel pump that needs attention
      when that is stuck open the fuel vents to the oil pan
      looks like they replaced a whole hunch of parts - where the wires actually melted?
      did they show you this while it was still on the engine?
      Art

Comment

Working...
      X