Compatibility between raymarine instrument and suzuki engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility between raymarine instrument and suzuki engine

Dear all, I just installed on my boat a new Raymarine Axiom 9” display that works very well with EVO 100 autopilot.
    Unfortunately it doesn’t work with the info data from the installed engine Suzuki DF300 (year 2009)
    I used a cable as descript on the wiring drawing but at the moment I have 2 different kind of problems that I hope somebody can help me to solve it :
    1. When motor goes on the Axiom display report an error starting from 8 to 1 (the same error is reported on the Suzuki instrument). It is possible eliminate this error but it is showed each time I make a new power on.
    2. The only data from the engine report on the Axiom are TRIM + **M and water temperature. It not possible see other data.
    No Suzuki points and Raymarine points in my country are able to solve my question.

Has any of you got a similar installation ?

Thanks a lot

When did you install the Suzuki emgine interface cable? What is the oart number of that cable?

The reason for my question that the current Suzuki engine interface cable will not work properly with a 2009 engine.

Comment

First of all thanks a lot for your prompt replay.

based on information we had we doesn't installed the interface cable but only the wiring cable to connect the hab to the Axiom.(NMEA)
      Unfortunately I haven't a part number cable because raymarine point and suzuky point produced an hand made cable to connect my suzuky engine to Axion instrument. They have no idea about the original cable needed. Do you have this informatin for me? I'll buye and make all tests with it. As you can understand I am enought frustrated about this story.....also I already spent a lots of money without any success.

In order to better explain it I attache photo of used cable
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok.

To get the Suzuki engine data onto the Raymarine display is more complex than just adding a cable!! What you have done will NOT work.

If you want some more information, first, please post a photo of the Suzuki gauges that you have on your dashboard. So we can see which gauges you have, and this will tell us about what engine harness you have, and from this, we will know whether or not it may be possible to easily send engine data to your Raymarine.

Comment

This is my gauges installed on my dashboard.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is the gauges installed on my dashboard.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am not familiar with those gauges, they are not listed on the Suzuki website. I think they are an older gauge made for Suzuki by Faria. See this link, I think these Faria gauges are yours.

https://fariabeede.com/site_manuals/..._M_MG3000.pdf?

I believe that your Faria gauge installation may use a J1939 connection to the engine. I suspect that this is why you get error messages and problems when you try to connect to the Raymarine device. The Raymarine device does not accept J1939 format data, it is only able to accept NMEA2000 format data. (You may try to contact Faria to ask for assistance they might be able to help)

The Suzuki engine interface cable provides NMEA2000 format engine data.

Anyway, what all this means is that the only way I am aware of to get engine data onto the Raymarine is through a NMEA2000 network, and the engine must also be connected to the network. And, this means that the engines must be connected to the network using a Suzuki engine interface cable.

Look behind your dashboard. See if there is a group of NMEA2000 T pieces there. This group of T pieces is the backbone of the NMEA2000 network.

If there is, and the gauges are connected to them, then connecting to the Raymarine is easy - just add another T piece to the cluster of T’s and a standard NMEA2000 drop cable to the Raymarine from there.

But, if there is no group of T pieces there, there is no NMEA2000 network, and the job is then much more difficult and expensive to do.

Look at the document attached to this thread it tells you about Suzuki NMEA2000 networks ans has photos of what the network looks like. The document is at the bottom of the first post on the thread.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...fetch?id=44592
              Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-29-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Ciao......Gauges installed on my boat are not Faria. As showed on attached use manual NMEA2000 should be present. According your last mail connection should be easy if NMEA is present. Could you pleas suggest me the best way to connect HUB Active to the gauges and Raymarine instrument?
                Attached Files

Comment

Is there a group of NMEA2000 T pieces that the gauges are attached to? If so, just add another T piece in between two existing T’s, and run a NMEA2000 drop cable between the new T and the Raymarine display. (Perhaps a photo of the gauge connections behind the dash might help. There were different size T pieces in the early days, some were blue)

If no group of T pieces, sorry, I cannot help.
                  Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-01-2018, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Ciao Moonlighter,

sorry for the trouble I'm making you but this story has become for me a “punishment” that I intend to solve because I spent a lots of money and I’m unhappy about it.

I ask you last help.

Attached you can see photos I done back gauges. Connector is marked as NMEA so I can’t understand reason because instruments does’t connect to Axiom instrument.

What we have done is create an adapter to connect Suzuki standard connector to convert in NEMA connector following Suzuki drawings (see attached)

Thanks in advance for your sure support.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, not familiar with that arrangement.

Maybe someone else can assist.

Comment

Hi, I'm having a problem on my rubber boat due to connect SMIS gauges to NMEA with my DF300. I hope you can support me to solve the question because in my country I have no answer from tecnician.

Prolem is that SMIS doesn't show any engine data

The only data I can see is the fuel level

This is my configuration and I ask you which cables and any other tools need to work properly :

Engine DF 300 year 2009 s/n 30001F-980369

Smis LMF 400 sn 104644480 Soft. Vers. 2.5

Smis LMF 200 sn 105003092 Soft. Vers. 2.2

Suzuki ENG.INTRFCE N2584 Soft. Vers. 2.5

used cable is SUZ-990C0-88131 Single Engine Adaptor (see photo)

Thanks a lot in advance
                        Attached Files

Comment

Your network layout must look like this:

terminating resistor - T - T - T - T - terminating resistor.

Each T should have one of the gauges, the engine or the network power supply connected to its leg.

Once it is all connected, and power to network and engine key is turned on, the first job is to configure the network.

Open the menu on the LMF400 gauge. Find fuel menu, select Vessel Setup. Select engine and tank configuration to suit your boat eg 1 engine/1 tank. Set tank capacity. Exit.

Open the network menu in lMF400 again. Select device list. Select the Suzuki device. Then select configure. Set engine location to Centre. Exit. (You cannot change engine year or horsepower, so do not try to.)

Go back into LMF400 network menu. Select device list. Select Data sources. Select Auto-configure data sources. Select yes if asked. Complete.

You should now have engine data available.

One VERY IMPORTANT thing - I assume you only have the LMF gauges, and no analogue gauges?

If so, the connector for the harness on the engine needs to be changed from the standard harness connector, to the SDS connector. The SDS connector is the plug that mechanic uses to connect the laptop computer to for servicing. This connector has NMEA2000 compatible data to send to the network, so the main harness cable needs to be connected to this plug so that engine data goes to the network. So do that change FIRST before the setup changes that i listed above.
                          Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-04-2019, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
                            Your network layout must look like this:

terminating resistor - T - T - T - T - terminating resistor.

Each T should have one of the gauges, the engine or the network power supply connected to its leg.

Once it is all connected, and power to network and engine key is turned on, the first job is to configure the network.

Open the menu on the LMF400 gauge. Find fuel menu, select Vessel Setup. Select engine and tank configuration to suit your boat eg 1 engine/1 tank. Set tank capacity. Exit.

Open the network menu in lMF400 again. Select device list. Select the Suzuki device. Then select configure. Set engine location to Centre. Exit. (You cannot change engine year or horsepower, so do not try to.)

Go back into LMF400 network menu. Select device list. Select Data sources. Select Auto-configure data sources. Select yes if asked. Complete.

You should now have engine data available.

One VERY IMPORTANT thing - I assume you only have the LMF gauges, and no analogue gauges?

If so, the connector for the harness on the engine needs to be changed from the standard harness connector, to the SDS connector. The SDS connector is the plug that mechanic uses to connect the laptop computer to for servicing. This connector has NMEA2000 compatible data to send to the network, so the main harness cable needs to be connected to this plug so that engine data goes to the network. So do that change FIRST before the setup changes that i listed above.
                            Do you happen to know which will be the srarter kit for a raymarine eS78??? Just like the garmin has a starter kit but i dont seem to find tfor this one.. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pandilucciano View Post

Do you happen to know which will be the srarter kit for a raymarine eS78??? Just like the garmin has a starter kit but i dont seem to find tfor this one.. thanks!
                              NMEA2000 Network starter kits are compatible with all brands, you dont need a Raymarine kit.

The whole idea of NMEA2000 is compatibility of plugs and data protocols across all brands.

Comment

Working...
                              X