Intermittent Beep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent Beep

I have 2005 DF225 that is sounding an intermittent alarm when the key is turned to on position. When I first turn the key I get the initial beep and the tach lights flash and the tach jump to 2000, as it normally does when I go to start it. If I leave the key in the on position without starting it will make a single beep about every 5 seconds with no flashing lights on the tach. The motor will start and run fine and the beep goes away. I have checked the voltages ant they are about 12.5v including the white wire. Any ideas what is going on?

when was the last time you reset the oil change warning?

Comment

Last night.

Comment

I will have to look at the manual
        but off the top of my head I am thinking it is telling you your ignition key is in the on position and the engine is not running..
        Art

Comment

Hey Art thanks for your help. I think I got it fixed.I came home from work and topped of the batteries and the alarm has stopped. One thing I did notice was that when I first turn the key and get the normal beep with the flashing lights but I noticed the oil light did not flash also. I can't remember if it was suppose to flash or if the light is not functioning. If it is not functioning maybe it was the change oil reminder.

Comment

sounds like problem solved
            do you keep a log book?
            I didn't for the first year I had this boat.. but then with stuff happening..
            I now keep it up to date and record every trip and hours used
            it is one way of looking back and doing maintenance when it is supposed to be done and not guessing at it..

Art.

Comment

Working...
            X