DF6 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF6 questions

Hello. I just picked up a used 2005 DF6 4-stroke that had a frozen clutch arm lever. I'm in the process of repairing that but had a couple of unrelated questions. Bear in mind, I haven't started the motor yet.

First, the throttle grip doesn't seem to be spring-loaded. In other words, the grip will stay in whatever position it is turned to without reverting to idle by itself. It's been decades since I've used a tiller arm outboard and I can't remember if this is normal or not. Please advise.

Second, what is the very small hole on the starboard forward side of the lower unit right above the cavitation plate? It is in line with the circular anode, just closer to the leading edge of the leg. I'm guessing it could be the water intake.

Thank you.
    Mike

Since no one has responded
    These smaller engines I don't know a lot about
    However my Merc 9.9 tiller handle stays where you put it there is no spring load - that would make it almost impossible to control if t jumped back to idle every time you let go
    2nd question how small a hole?
    I'm thinking the following doesn't apply
    The larger engines have I on the front leading edge a small maybe 1/16 hole that is a water pressure point with an air tube to the speedometer on the dash
    but guessing now 1 not a water pickup for cooling The water pick up for the water pump is the screened slots below the cavitation plate
    It could be a extra drain hole from used cooling water side so water does not get trapped inside which could then freeze in the winter
    My Merc has any number of holes that drain the lower unit
    Art

Comment

Working...
    X