No announcement yet.

2011 DF250 Engine intermittently stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you ever trace the white wire. In my boat, which has twin DF200s, I had one of the white wires (starboard motor) not making a good connection at the Perko battery switch. The port motor was solid but the starboard would arc when I moved the wire from side to side. My symptom was that I trimmed the starboard motor down and when I went to start it, I had nothing. Even the tilt/trim stopped working. Cleaned up the connections at the switch and was back in business. Others have posted that white wire issues tend to show up as intermittent as things move around.

Comment

Mick20, I had a very similar problem with engine. I had run a wire to the console and when I removed the snake it hung on something. I worked it back out with great effort. A few months later my engine would not restart after I made a run. Everytime it took at least 30 mins sometimes an hour. Then it would start. As I recall it would not beep nor crank. I checked the white wire. It was good. After 5 or 6 trips like this the dealer suggested changing the wire harness. The wires were inside a wrap and there were several bundles that were tie wrapped together. One of the tie wraps was pulled ascew and the plastic cover had a few wires with insulation damage the wire was exposed and corroded. I did not investigate further, which wire it was, know wasn't white. The wires were multicolored and very small 14 or 16 ga. The wire harness is killer if it has a nicked wire.

Comment

Working...
      X