2016 250 200 Hour Service Just Performed Won’t Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 250 200 Hour Service Just Performed Won’t Start

Good Morning, we have a 2016 250 that we just had the 200 hour service done 2 weeks ago. We just put it back in the water this weekend. My husband got maybe a mile down the ICW from the ramp a couple beeps, alarm light in picture below and motor shut down. He called our outboard guy who had him clean out fuel filter on motor and boat. She started back up. He made home we grabbed some friends and headed for a bite to eat. When we got on boat samething so he did the same steps they had him do before. She started right up. This time we didn’t make it far he started to get on plane and she died. Did the same steps to no avail. When he squeezed the bulb there was no pressure. He tried replacing the bulb yesterday which did not solve the problem. He was gonna replace the water separator filter today. Appreciate any recommendations.
    Attached Files

Anti Syphon valve?
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

since you preformed a service,the fuel filter should have been changed
      it may have not sealed correctly so you could be sucking in enough air to starve the engine out
      double check all the fuel hose clamps at the same time
      Art

Comment

I'm trying to figure out just what that alarm icon refers to. It doesn't look like a check engine light. It looks more like an icon for an oil sump. Do the newer outboards have oil level sensors?
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I’m not familiar with that gauge but could it be the oil change reminder?

Comment

I'm not familiar with the C-10 either. Can't find anything on the internet for explanation of warning light icons. Oil change reminder shouldn't be shutting down the engine.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

OP - the “couple of warning beeps” are important to identify the issue. The beeps will have a sequence eg 2 beeps, pause, 1 beep, then repeat.

If you can tell us the sequence then it will help identify the problem. Or, look at the sticky thread above re warning codes and theybtell you what the various sequence beeps mean.

Comment

Working...
              X