2007 Suzuki DF 225 high rpm in neutral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Suzuki DF 225 high rpm in neutral

I have a 2007 Suzuki DF 225 that runs great, however, now it is sometimes difficult to shift back to neutral after it has been put in gear. Doesn’t happen all the time but it will happen frequently. Also when it does go into neutral the motor will begin to rev much higher. Between 1500 and 2000 rpms. I don’t receive a code but one time I did get a series of single beeps and the motor shut off. Usually when this happens I just shut the motor off and then fire it back up and the problem is gone. While I was watching the motor idle it almost seemed like it wanted to stall but got a little boost and kept going. That was very very subtle and didn’t even register on the tach. It never did stall. The IAC has been replaced as well as all battery connections including the white wire.

Any advice?

Thanks for the help!

well it is my understanding the IAC valve is supposed to control the idle
    if you have the service manual, I would start with following directions to a “T” resetting the idle adjustment for the valve.
    Why was the valve replaced the first time and how long ago?
    Art

Comment

Just recently changed the IAC. Within the last 10 hours because I was having a surge at idle which turned out to be an issue with the white wire connection. After that fix the idle surge went away but I was left with this new issue. I have the manual and will look at properly setting the new IAC. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
      X