No announcement yet.

SMIS Gauge Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also a software update available for that sensor. When you open it on that screen you should see a configuration screen and should be able to see the current software version listed there. Compare it with this latest version.

https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...dex.html?r=124

Comment

Moonlighter,

Thanks. I'll provide feedback next time I get to my boat which may not be until 2 weeks.

Mike

Comment

Hello Moonlighter,

Please see my feedback to your last 2 post suggestions.

First item, we opened the EP sensor to look at what options it showed. The attached photo shows there wasn't really any options. It shows the tank size correctly at 178 gallons and it shows the fluid level at 0% and fuel remaining at 0 gallons. Is it possible the gauges may have lost calibration?
        Fuel Shows 0.jpeg
        Secondly, we downloaded the latest software version (1.3.0) on a SD card per your attached link above. When we checked the software version to our surprise its was listed as 2.0.0 (can be seen in the photo below).
        Software Version.jpeg
        Even though the 1.3.0 versions seemed older than the 2.0.0 version we tried to download it. When the download began it went to the second screen below and never loaded.
        Download Screen.jpeg
        Download Screen after Dwonload Starts.jpeg

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks, Mike

Comment

Thats all the testing I can suggest. Maybe the sensor is faulty.....

Comment

I guess i can fill up the tank and try to recalibrate it. If it doesnt work test the sensor. If that doesnt work ill throw them away and put a manual fuel gauge in.

Comment

Trying to follow this thread as it pertains to my setup as well, and I've also read all of the SMIS posts and certainly aware of Moonlighter's expertise in this area.
              I certainly don't want to muddy the water here, but my observations/questions:
              The link provided to the software update points to a .swup file and as also shown on the Simrad screen photo above, but several posts back you indicated that his version of interface software required a .luf file to upgrade?
              If EP-65 sensor isn't working, can't OP just change the fuel remaining source to Eng. Interface? Isn't that the preferred, more accurate info on fuel usage?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyOrange View Post
                Trying to follow this thread as it pertains to my setup as well, and I've also read all of the SMIS posts and certainly aware of Moonlighter's expertise in this area.
                I certainly don't want to muddy the water here, but my observations/questions:
                The link provided to the software update points to a .swup file and as also shown on the Simrad screen photo above, but several posts back you indicated that his version of interface software required a .luf file to upgrade?
                If EP-65 sensor isn't working, can't OP just change the fuel remaining source to Eng. Interface? Isn't that the preferred, more accurate info on fuel usage?
                The interface and the fluid level sensor may run different sw designs, so there is no relationship between interface running swup and sensor running luf, and vice versa.

Of course, he could just use engine data derived fuel data, but for most people, the point of having tank level sensors as well is to have two separate and unlinked sources of fuel data.

I personally trust the calculated fuel data on my boat, but others don’t and want the level sensors as well (eg in case someone steals fuel from the tank).

Comment

Hello Moonlighter,

The fuel gauge is now working!!! The problem was there was a loose ground on the terminal block........

I want to thank you for all your assistance in helping me figure out why the gauge features weren't working.!!!

Thanks, Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X