DF175 Revs and cuts off at startup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northriver08 View Post

The Batteries are only 2 seasons old... and i keep them on a Noco Genius charger/maintainer in the garage all year long.....

This is a new issue this season....
    Well then, start checking, cleaning wiring and connections. In any case it is a low voltage problem that causes this. Engines fires, revs for a couple seconds, then dies. Check the white wire connection and be sure it's connected to the positive of the start battery, either directly or through the battery switch.
    Last edited by Harper; 10-16-2020, 05:34 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post

Well then, start checking, cleaning wiring and connections. In any case it is a low voltage problem that causes this. Engines fires, revs for a couple seconds, then dies. Check the white wire connection and be sure it's connected to the positive of the start battery, either directly or through the battery switch.
      The white wire is connected to the battery selector switch.
      Im running two group 29 DC batteries. They have enough CCA and RC but they are DC... I’m wondering if the fact they are Deep Cycle batteries might be the problem... but like I said earlier this is a new issue this season...

Comment

Update: took off all positive and negative wires to the battery and battery selector Switch, cleaned the posts and wire leads with a wire brush... applied dialectical grease to all the posts and leads and reconnected everything.
        Fired up the cold motor and it didn’t die and idled perfect!!

Comment

Perfect! Thanks for the update.
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
          X