2013 DF140AT code 2-4 CMP issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 DF140AT code 2-4 CMP issue

I have 2 x 2013 Df140AT outboards on a twin hull. 1 engine just stopped 5 mins into trip. Turn key to start again, long beep and fuel pump runs, motor cranks but does not start (also cranking sounds different to other motor, faster). Checked spark plugs, no spark. Turn key 1 click and get 2-4 code, manual says its CMP (Cam position sensor). Switch out CMP from other motor, same result (put "bad" CMP on other motor and it starts and runs, so i ruled out the CMP sensor itself).
    I decided to do troubleshooting of all components that could be related, following the manual:
    -Battery Voltage 12.5v
    -15, 30 and 60 amp fuses all good. Power to main relay port, and removed and bench tested relay also. All good.
    -CPM connector plug pins are in spec. with ignition on: B/BL = 12v, Y/BL = 5v, B/W 0v
    - Remove ECM multipin plug and check voltage at pins 22 and 8 while putting screw driver onto CMP sensor 5v, pull away 3v
    - Resistance test: Pin #22 to Y/BL wire on CMP plug, get continuity (0.6 ohms)
    and Pin #8 (common ground for sensors) to B/W wire on CMP plug, get continuity (0.6 ohms)

and while i had the ECM plugs off, tested power to ECM at pin 14 with ignition off. get 12v.

Put it all back together, turn ignition, same result, cranks but does not start and gives fault code 2-4.
    I pushed ignition in and held it until it beeped twice for confirmation, to clear the fault code.
    Try start again, cranks but wont start and fault code returns.

Im stumped, any suggestions on what else i can check or test, for as far as im concerned, all looks good but it still wont start!
Working...
X