!991 DT4 prop bushing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• !991 DT4 prop bushing.

Hi, new user here, I have recently purchased a DT4 motor, 1991. I have a good propeller, but the rubber center bushing needs replacing, so have purchased one. My question is, how do the bushing and prop meet together, is some sort of adhesive necessary? If so what type?

Cheers

they are pressed in
    HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Is this a do it yourself kinda thing? I have a 10 ton manual press..
      I am looking into a new prop and bushing etc...

Comment

you could if ya want
        HUMAN-BUILT = HUMAN-FIXED

SWITCHBAIT

Comment

Thanks for the replies

In the end I did wind up using epoxy resin. The interface from the bushing to the prop is splined and pressing the bushing into the propellor is the smoothest way to put it in there, although the pressure needed is only slight.

When I removed the previous bushing material I also found a bolt had been screwed in through the side of the propellor into the bushing and then ground off flush, I managed to drill that out, and decided not to reuse that method. The epoxy resin wil be more than strong enough to retain the propellor, remembering that in forward motion the propellor is pushed on to the bushing anyhow.

I filled the old bolt hole with a different grade of 'metal replacement' resin, and filed it off flush. seemed to work nicely.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
          X