No announcement yet.

2018 df200 lower unit removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you didn't damage anything, we all learned something from you frustrations, thanks or sharing it with us.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by gsmith27 View Post
      Looks like my initial guess was correct. I grabbed a copy of the service manual and you have to remove the lower starboard side cover and release the clutch rod. Thanks Moonlighter for the advice. Glad i didnt try to force it.
      No problems.

I thought there was something else specific to the AP’s and lower unit removal - to do with gear shift position or something electronic?

Have you got anything else to add about that?

Comment

weather been tough in the noreast the last week but it looks like i have a window sat to get it done. i'll follow up with results.

Comment

FYI .manual also said to unplug harness to shift accuator while in neutral b4 removing. Plan on trying this wknd then i'll update.

Comment

Originally posted by gsmith27 View Post
            FYI .manual also said to unplug harness to shift accuator while in neutral b4 removing. Plan on trying this wknd then i'll update.
            Ah yes, That was it.

I did see a report on THT where someone didnt do that and then had problems.

Comment

ok, it is off but i had help. Local shop just became an official suzuki dealer so i had them come over. Disconnected the pin for the clutch rod but it didnt seem to help much. in the end he was just a bit more agressive with the wedges then i was.Two small wood wedges around a big screwdriver. i didnt want to take a chance i would damage something. Turns out shaft was a bit stuck even after one season. Weather still just above freezing here so im sure that didnt help. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
              X