how much should i get for a df140 with blown head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much should i get for a df140 with blown head

I have somebody asking me to sell my 2002 df140 that blew the head at the bottom piston. It ran when we took the head off, however turning the motor by hand is a little hard. I had planned on parting it out, but he wants to buy it whole. What do you guys think it is worth. Not that it matters, but it has less than 100 hours.

Depends on where you are, that motor in Australia is about 16k in usa it is about 9k for a new one .

If you are in oz i would buy it the engine to re built and use , control parts are expensive have a look at what a new ECU is worth the leg is most likely worth a 1k on flea bay plus other bits and pieces .
    But have said that you will have to wait if you part it out until some one wants the parts .

Comment

I am in the tampa fl. area.

Comment

How on earth could you blow a motor that has less than a hundred hours?

Comment

I have owned it less then 2 years, and it had about 60 hours on it when I bought the boat. The motor looks like new, but I am guessing the first owner wasnt real worried about flushing it out. What should I tell this guy I want for the motor. It ran when pulled, but the compression in lower cylinder was 90. The lower unit worked flawlessly

Comment

how much should i get for a df140 with blown head

2002 df140 that blew the head at the bottom piston:
            Very good question. Living in Florida and having a salt water motor with the year of 2002. Parting the motor out may bring you more money, but also how long will it take? It is going to be hard for anyone to say what it is worth as someone who wants the motor will want to spend as little as they can to get it. How much of a hurry are you in to sell it? A lot of things determine the price of the motor. How many hours are on the motor? how is the Prop and things like that. Depending on corrosion it may be worth rebuilding the motor?

Good Luck !

Comment

Working...
            X