DF 50 Water Pressure Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 50 Water Pressure Reading

Hi, first post for me. I have just installed a water pressure gauge on my DF50 4 stroke (2016 model) & can't find what pressure the motor should be outputting under load. Can anyone help please? Many Thanks.

I dont know, other than that it is not very high. A few psi.

What readings are you getting?

Most people dont bother with a water pressure gauge these days - the engines have 2 temp alarms and one of them will go off and put the engine into safe mode before the water pressure drop is even noticed.

One is a temp absolute alarm, activated when engine temp reaches a preset level, and the other is a gradient alarm, where it goes off if temp rises too fast but has not yet reached the absolute alarm level.

Comment

Realised i didn't bleed line after install, will bleed it & take readings & let you know

Comment

Bled all the air out of line & gave it a run last night. Under load it puts out 6psi, fully trimmed at full throttle it drops to 3psi. Doesn't seem very high but maybe that's because of where we cut into line. Given what you say about alarms etc, it probably is not needed at all. Heading to gulf end of March and need to do 40km runs to get to mouth so it just adds a little comfort when trimmed out on long runs. thanks for the info, shame I didn't know prior to install.

Comment

Yes, those are the sorts of figures that I had heard of.

My local Suzuki dealer says in 10 years he has never installed a water pressure gauge, his view is that with the technology on motors these days they just dont add much value.

You obviosuly have a N2K network, if the engine is connected you can of course monitor the engine temp.

Comment

Working...
          X