No announcement yet.

Suddenly no water from telltale 2014 DF60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a warm day and I tried to do a good vinegar flush. For a quick review, I changed out the impeller, thermostat, internal zincs, and pressure relief. Filled up my bin with vinegar and water and fired it up (started immediately as always). After some hand-wringing moments, the telltale came on and was flowing well... However (always a however), the temperature crept up. The thermostat always opens around 145 °F. It crept up to 200 - then as I was shutting it down, the overheat alarm went on. I pulled the top zinc out and there was water dripping out. I flushed in with a hose. Did the same for the bottom one. I pulled out the thermostat and ran for a bit without it in at all. Temperature still crept up over 160 °F, so I shut down. I then flushed it with the hose fitting (into the bin twice to try and get rid of any vinegar). Filled up the bin for one more try. Same result. Temperature crept up to 170 °F, so I shut down and called it quits. Typically, when I rinse on the muffs (small round ones like Moonlighter's), the temperature will creep up to about 143-145 °F, then stay there. I usually wait for about a minute or two after to make sure the thermostat is open and I'm flushing "past" it. Not sure what's going on? Must be a passageway that's blocked? The tube from the thermostat had flow (almost certain) as I could feel when holding that hose. I'd like to take it the shop where I purchased to get the valves adjusted (and this issue looked over) but it's stuck in the garage due to construction (and piles of lumber in my driveway)... I know I won't be able to leave it alone - it's going to haunt me! Any thoughts on where to go next (besides the mechanic)?

Comment

Try to blow some compressed air trough the passages. It is possible that some crap is blocking a internal passage.
      Regards, Martin
      DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
      X