Tilt Angle Sensor not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tilt Angle Sensor not working

I have a 2014 DF60A. The motor will not go completely to the down position, it will stop just short of being all the way down, causing a bow up condition. If I hold the trim switch on the side of the motor down and move the arm on the trim sensor at the same time it will go all the way down. I have taken it off and sprayed electrical cleaner on the contacts of the plug. Did not help. Is there anything else I can do besides ordering a new sensor? I don't see any kind of adjustments to the sensor or the cam it rides on. Nothing looks broken or jammed up with crud. I tried resetting the upper trim by using the remote control but that did not do anything for the down position. Thanks.

Well I now have it working. I found several mentions on the internet about following the instructions in the owners manual on how to set the upper tilt limit. If you follow these instructions but use the down position instead' it will cancel the down limit setting. It does not say this in the manual. Only problem is the tilt motor will not shut off automatically when it reaches the full down position so you have to listen for it and release the button to stop the tilt motor. I can live with that.

Comment

Working...
    X