DT 85 Spark Gremlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT 85 Spark Gremlins

I have an 85 DT 85, problem 8n a nut shell is no spark on 1&3 cylinders, running on number 2 only, it came with a 87 spares motor, i have done carbys 3 times, compression is 130 on all 3, the VRO has been removed, so what I have done is swapped the stator, trigger, CD box of spares motor, after all this work still no spark on 1&3, they share same magnet on stator 2 has its own, I tested the wiring at the coils and they were well within the ohms range, so power to coils but not at plugs, both cd boxes give the same result, 3 coils replaced still the same deal, now the spare engine is locked up the coils on it were totally melted, engine fuse well blown, when 8 say everything was changed I mean everything, fuel pump, Flywheel, trigger, stator, rectifier, coils, plugs, ignition switch,
    could it be both cd units are buggered? I have checked and double checked and triple checked every wire and connection, I am totally stumped she just won’t play the game, can I test the cd unit in any way with a multi meter like I did for coils, if so can it be done on the table, these engines are so bloody hard to find any information on.
    what else could cause it? Maybe the replacement stator or trigger could be faulty can they be tested at all?

Fixed it, stator was crook

Comment

Working...
    X