df225 bubbling prop exhaust at idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df225 bubbling prop exhaust at idle

Good day, my df225 2006 model is bubbling through the exhaust at idle (starboard motor)….port motor has no bubbles. I was told it could be a clogged idle exhaust port which is above the water line. Any ideas how I can try to unclog it or anyone else has this bubbling issue? Motor starts and runs fine. I was also thinking it could be the water relief valve or poppet valve. Any help much appreciated.

I believe there is an exhaust next to the pee stream tell tale. If that is plugged it will force that small exhaust into the prop. I inadvertently plugged that exhaust on mine and it bubbled through prop.

Comment

Originally posted by briscoe View Post
      I believe there is an exhaust next to the pee stream tell tale. If that is plugged it will force that small exhaust into the prop. I inadvertently plugged that exhaust on mine and it bubbled through prop.
      I agree it is probably this....how did you unclog it? Where does this exhaust come from so i can trace where the clog is?

Comment

Just discovered the same issue on one of my DF 300s. Interested to know if it is a DIY fix. took off the cowling and it didn’t appear to be a place that one could easily reach without disassembling other stuff...

Comment

Same issue here. Has anyone found a DIY fix? Thx.

Comment

If it's anything like the DF150 you might well see how the exhaust is routed to the idle exhaust above the water by simply removiing the cowl, and then, most likely the center cowling, too. The outlet on the DF150 is simply connected to the exhaust chamber by a short rubber hose. The hose is easily removed for further inspection.

Edit ..... looking at parts diagrams for the v-6s, there is no hose, but the "exhaust pipe" is accessible by removing the side cowlings, and is held to the oil pan by 4 bolts.
            Last edited by Harper; 05-30-2021, 10:40 PM.
            Mike
            μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
            X