Rough Shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Shifting

2003 DT225 In the spring when still cold had a hard time shifting into fwd.. it would grind for a couple of seconds then go into gear. rev would be ok I adjusted the shifter rod end where the push-pull cable meets the linkage on the engine one turn for more travel in the fwd direction..it was good all summer. Now in the fall when it got cold again, it would not go into reverse. I readjusted back to the normal shifter travel but the boat was in the driveway so I could not test. Then as now...the shifting force through the throttle appears minimal and the pushrod goes up and down smoothly. I thought the cables might be going bad since they are 8 years old but the throttle travel and shifting force is nice and easy. How do I tell whether its the cables or the thing in the lower unit that the pushrod moves up and down..thanks

It could be idleing to high check RPMs

Comment

Thanks, I was wondering if I should have added that...no the rpm's were always around 6 or 7 hundred...never in the high warm up idle. When I mention cold..I mean the ambient outside temp not the engine temp, thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
      X