Electronic shift actuator out of sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic shift actuator out of sync

ok I screwed up lol... replaced water pump for first time an forgot to attach the shift arm to the shift rod... started motor and put in gear... shift arm went back and forward and did not stop in neautral position... tried it several times not shift arm is basically pulled forward past reverse position and cannot be connected... I assume it timed out or something ... will never make this mistake again... any chance someone has done this and knows how to reset the shift servo to neautral or will I have to go see a Suzuki mechanic?

Hi, I've just done the same thing. Did you manage to find a solution?

Comment

Pull the power lead off motor for 15 sec. It will reset back to neutral

Comment

I ran into this problem yesterday. I ended up fixing it surprisingly. I took off the actuator and connected it to a car battery (by cutting the wire) I ran it back and forth until it lined up with the shift arm. Once lined up I then reconnected the wire adapter with electrical tape. Make sure you clip the wire back on the motor before reinstalling because the wire is short.

Also remember reverse polarity when hooking it up to the car battery. If you go to far one way then simply swap the negative and positive.

this method was used on a twin 300 Suzuki 2007 or 2008.

It had no problem syncing with the other engine.

Comment

Working...
        X