DF 140 Digital gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 Digital gauges

I have a aproximately 2009 Suzuki DF 140. not sure of year as I bought it used. VIN# is 14001F-885520. I had all info displayed on my dual 4 inch Suzuki gauges go out on a recent rough seas fishing trip. They had power but no info just blanks. Took it to certified Suzuki service center and they replaced engine interface and said they fixed problem. Now one of my gauges works but second one is stuck at engine config. I can select one engine/one tank then put tank capacity but at this point pressing ENTER does nothing. if you press EXIT it goes back to requesting engine config. Is there a way to do a factory reset on gauge and start over or is there something else I may try short of buying a new gauge?

In post #2 in this thread http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...e-problem.html Moonlighter explains the reset procedure.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks. I will try that and see what happens.

Comment

Also, the config process only is done on one gauge - you are actually configuring the network, not the gauge when you set number of engines/tank capacity etc. so dont try to config each gauge separately - once you gave done it on one gauge the other one will pick it up from the network.

I hope you get it sorted out by resetting the gauge that is not working properly. If not, you could likely find that there is a conflict between the new interface cable's software version and your SMIS displays.

So if if keeps causing problems, my advice would be to tell the Suzuki dealer about the likelihood of a conflict and ask them to fix it - they should know what the correct version interface software is required for your engine year and the gauges software that go with it.

I would be using engine interface sw version 2.5.0 or V 2.3.0 with your 2009 year engine.

Post back with results so we know what happened.

Comment

I was not able to reset gauge. On power up it goes to boat config menu even though the working gauge performs correctly. Exiting out of menu is not an option. Probably gauge is toast. I have no confidence in local Suzuki service center as they did not want to work on gauges to begin with as they said they were really buggy. Guess I should be happy they got one of them working which should be adequate. Just wished I had checked forum out first. They charged $450, for $550 I could have had all new gauges and installed myself. Does not seem to complicated if you just follow proper procedure.

Comment

It isnt toooooo complicated, in fact the physical installation of the SMIS displays is simplicity itself! A 5 minite job.

The complexity arises with the software and particularly matching the software versions of the displays, the engine interface and the engine year of your motor. If you get any one of those wrong, you simply wont get the right data on the SMIS displays. Bit once they are right, things usually go smoothly for a long time.

What colour are the network T pieces that the displays are connected to? You might have a bad T piece.

Comment

Sorry to take so long to give update but before last fishing trip I wiggled all connectors and second gauge that was inoperable began working. Probably was problem all along. I wished I had found this forum before I took boat to Suzuki mechanic. Not sure I actually needed the engine interface but will never know now.

Comment

Working...
              X