Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 df 2.5

Hello,
    I just got a new to me '08 DF2.5hp four stroke. I ordered some general service parts and checked it out. New upper and lower oil (lower was dry) new shear pin, new prop, new water pump impeller. Old one was fine so it is now a spare, never seized all the lower unit bolts and cleaned out a few million feet of braided and mono from behind the bent shear pin.

Had a bit of trouble putting the lower unit back on, the water pump tube does not self align to the pump very well, messed with it awhile and I think I got it. Fired right up in a bucket but no pee stream... Does water blow out of the two ports above the lower unit? Should it pee like a big outboard? Pulled the cover while running and the cylinder head appeared real hot to the touch. Pulled off lower unit and put back on with the same result. Am I missing something? I have no troubles replacing water pumps on the DF90, DF9.9 and the plethora of 2 stroke Nissans around the house. Please advise.
    thanks,
    Dave

Update- pulled the lower unit back off. Sleeved the water tube with an ink pen barrel. Pen provided alignment to the pump outlet and slid up the tube when lower unit was fully installed.

Ran the outboard in a bucket, no pee stream although it is leaking water out of the shift housing. Checked the head and block with and ir thermometer. 40f water, 120-140 block and head. I am going to call it fixed.

Comment

Working...
    X