• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 04 df115 stalls after a low rpm burst

Hey guys

First time poster

I've got a 2004 Johnson 115 tiller freshwater

I'm 99% sure is identical to a Suzuki DF115 so that's why I'm posting here.

Idle mid and top end are all fine

For the past week when I'm at idle trolling and if I give it just a tiny shot of gas it stalls out after I let off, or if I'm letting off from plane it will stall when it gets to low rpm... Unless I work the throttle to prevent a stall.

Last night it revved up on its own after I gave it just a touch of fuel.
    And the throttle seemed really sensitive at idle... Just a slight movement and it would rev up fast

It's not the rusted engine holder issue. I changed the plugs they look fine, and I changed the plastic fuel filter.

Before I started changing injectors I figured I'd ask the experts

Thanks kris

I might take a look and clean the IAC valve
    This valve operates to prevent engine stalling or unstable running that you have more or less described
    Art

Comment

Ya I took that off today... Fairly clean

But it is suspect #1

It didn't appear to be 100% closed or open

It wasn't throwing the 3-1 code

But once I unplugged it while running it started to show it

I'm going to search for a decent price

Comment

Iac valve fixed it

Thanks for the help

Comment

Where did you source a new IAC valve and how much did it cost if you don’t mind me asking? I have an issue with my 2003 DF140 stalling when I go from forward to reverse if I don’t let it idle in between for long enough. Makes it tricky and dangerous to come alongside with a stalling engine. Runs fine otherwise and starts up ok.

Anyway, I’ve gone through the idle set procedure by putting the IAC valve into a fixed duty cycle and then adjusted the idle screw to get it close to 650/700rpm. But only by ear and what my dash gauge is reading. But in doing so I noticed I can stick my finger over the IAC valve intake pipe at idle and nothing happens. I can’t feel any air being sucked in. Revs don’t change. I can feel air sucking in when I play with the revs above idle.

Should a feel air sucking through that valve at idle?

Would welcome any pointers.

Thanks team.

Comment

Working...
          X