2018 DF150 Code 3-2 Tried everything, Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF150 Code 3-2 Tried everything, Help

OK So I tried the search function and no luck with everything I have tried. Here is what happened.

Twin 2018 DF150's with 190 hours on them.

Went offshore, 170 mile round trip. At the end of the trip the check engine light came on. The engine started to hesitate and running rough. I have the service software and scanned the engine and a code 3-2 came up.

While TS'ing the engine runs OK, rev up in neutral and back down to idle and it shuts down.

The following was done in troubleshooting efforts

Draining Water separator/checked fuel filter and water sensor - no change

also there is no visible water in water separator and no water in fuel to my knowledge(only run non ethanol fuel)

Visually inspected the hole in the intake, no blockage - ran compressed air through it and a wire just in case - no change

Swamped MAP sensors - No change

Mind you this is all done with the engine hood off so the exhaust leak is a non issue.

using the service software I can advance timing while idling, When I do this the motor shuts down. This is not a normal indication so i am thinking it is something to do with one of the timing sensors. IE Cam sensors or Crank sensor.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

While TS'ing the engine runs OK, rev up in neutral and back down to idle and it shuts down.

this is usually controlled by the IAC valve

Comment

I Figured this out last night, I swapped the CKP sensor (sensor under the flywheel, equivalent to a crank sensor on a car) and issued is resolved. Thank you for the help

Comment

Working...
      X