df70 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df70 wont start

hey guys new to the forum and have a bit of a problem... here goes 02 model engine got water in the fuel system and stopped running, it then sat around for a month before we tried to attack the problem. i removed the fuel injection system and cleaned out all the rubbish in vapour seperator and replaced the high pressure pump with a fuel miser pump (fitted perfect) and i then cleaned out the entire boats fuel system serviced engine and put clean fuel back in and tried to fire up engine..... now a check engine light flashes and an alarm beeps as well..... the code flashing seems to be twice then four times and the engine is just coughing.
    i have cracked the fuel rail on the incectors and seems to have heaps of fuel pressure in the fuel rail.... this has done my head in and would really appreciate any info or replies from you guys..... cheers guys.

2.4 is the cmp sensor check all your wiring plugs are together are the injectors working also did you change the high pressure fuel filter.

Fuel pump just a 38 mm as you say used in many other applications .

you need 38 psi fuel pressure at injectors

what was the pressure relief valve like clean as that is inside the vst as well

Comment

df70 wont start

hey mitch, cheers for the reply buddy... may i ask what the cpm sensor is and where is it located? the high pressure fuel filter under intake manifold has been changed with an automotive high pressure filter. there is a significant amount of pressure at the injection rail when the ignition is turned on... when i try start the engine it has a slight indication of wanting ton start but wont. does this sensor that you describe need to be replaced and can it be the cause of the engine not starting?

My next step is to individually bench test the injectors to make sure they are spraying and solve the code thing... will this code be eliminated if the faulty sensor is replaced or does it need diagnostics to turn it off???

The dealer is trying to tell me the pump we have installed could be the problem as i think he is just trying to sell us one for 600 dollars... i have used these pumps in other brand of outboards and they have ran fine upto now.

does the isc valve connect to anywhere on the opposite side to the one that is connected to the throttle butterfly or is it open to atmosphere pressure.. will this not being connected to where it is suppose to be cause the engine to not start??? so many questions i have fired just need to get this thing running to go catch a barra!

Comment

Suzuki Marine Outboard Parts 2002 DF70 FUEL INJECTOR Diagram

number 1 is the high pressure fuel filter

it is not the fuel pump as they are only a 38 mm it is also used in suzzy vitara I got one from Geoff Collins fuel injection at palmerston they are also the same in other ob .

Comment

i doubt that it is a cmp( cam shaft position sensor) more like something is unplugged

Comment

*** are you also in darwin? maybe you could check it out for me if you are close by!!!

Need a guy with a bit of knowledge and you sound like him!!!!

thanks for all the help so far but i feel i should have a good outcome soon..

Comment

No not the moment I have a boat up there out at dundee

Comment

Working...
              X