Wiring nmea backbone for C-10 gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring nmea backbone for C-10 gauges

I just i just got two new 200s Installed but the C-10 gauges stay on if the battery is on. I want to put a isolator between the network that powers the gauges, interface cables, water pressure sensors, and fluid level sensor and my existing backbone then power the Suzuki backbone (noted above) off the key. Of course with a new T and power lead. The manual seems to indicate and my volt meter confirmed the gray wire is the one powered on with the key. Is this correct? Can anyone see a downside to doing this?

Garmin makes a power isolating T that allows data to pass but in effect creates two “sides of the network, each side has their own power node. Inserting this T between the two sides of your network will achieve what you want and is a common procedure.

Re the Suzuki “side” of the network it is common for it to be connected to the gauge harness as there is usually an unused plug there somewhere that can be used. Jist check with a test light for one that comes on with the key.

Comment

Working...
    X