DF 140 Check Engine Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140 Check Engine Light

I have a 2015 DF 140 with about 80 hours on it. Recently, the check engine light has been flashing and beeping within the first 5 minutes of me starting the motor. The light flashes 3 times then pauses then flashes 6 times. It will continue this for a few minutes and then quits. The motor runs great.

What does this sequence of flashes mean?

Thanks,

Ron

3-6 code is an O2 sensor failure.

Take it back to your dealer and they should replace the sensor under warranty (mate of mine just last weekend had exactly the same issue and that was the solution).

The engine will actually run fine with the warning lights etc, just no lean burn.

But take it in and have it replaced under warranty. The O2 sensor has been redesigned to prevent future failures, and the new one will fix the issue.

This is a known issue, my local Suzuki dealer mentioned that it was covered in a recent education / technical update session he went to. May even have been technical bulletins issued to dealers.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-06-2016, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I had the same problem. The dealer put 3 different 02 sensors in with the same thing. Finally 6 weeks later they ended up putting in a new computer. All is good now. This happened the first time out. I finished the first 4hr. of the breakin and brought back to dealer. They had it 6 weeks.

Comment

Working...
      X