150 Outboard wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 Outboard wont start

Brand new motor will not fire up. Battery charged and checked, fuel new, kill switch installed. Help

Will it turnover? Check all the fuses. Fuse box on motor, there will also be a little fuse box on the hot wire near the battery with a 15 amp also.

Comment

Engine turns but sounds like dead battery grind, that's why I double checked battery and had another guy at marina did the same with charger. Its not the battery, noise comes from engine.

Comment

Battery Charger

Replace the battery with another one or have it load tested, If your saying its a new engine, the surely the first thing to do, Although your batt may seem to be charged, it could have bad cells

Comment

Who did the install and initial setup on this motor? Did they not complete it and get it running properly?

Comment

I spoke with Service department and asked that same question, all our motors are pre-checked was his answer, but, what about the break time, lunchtime, going home early quality issues facing companies all over the world? I am requesting the check list most often used at any motor dealer preparing vehicles or motors for sale. I'm betting there isn't one to be had. It's in their hands now as I drove the boat over and dropped it off at this service center where purchased. My first opinion of Suzuki is still in the abyss.

Comment

Well, let us know what they find. Likely to be something simple and more than likely an installation issue.

Comment

Working...
              X