New DF70 and I need a NMEA 2000 cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DF70 and I need a NMEA 2000 cable

Hi I'm new to the forum and I just purchased, for repower, a DF70 here in California and I don't want the "stock" tach. Instead I want to get the motor set up with the NMEA2000 interface, but I don't know what exactly I need? Like I said I just purchased, still waiting for it to be installed, the DF70ATL2 and I have a Garmin Echomap Plus 74cv. I found the Garmin 010-11442-00 starter kit, but I understand I need a Suzuki gateway cable, but I'm not sure which one it would be, so I hope someone will be able to point me in the right direction?
    Thanks

Have a read of this sticky thread and attachments that I wrote to explain how this all works.

The most recent version of the Suzuki interface cable runs V 3.5.04 software, your Suzuki dealer will be able to supply and install and configure this when the motor goes on.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...a2000-networks

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      Have a read of this sticky thread and attachments that I wrote to explain how this all works.

The most recent version of the Suzuki interface cable runs V 3.5.04 software, your Suzuki dealer will be able to supply and install and configure this when the motor goes on.

http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/f...a2000-networks
      I ended up going with the DF60AV and I noticed in your sticky it refers to 2013 motors. So do I still need the software your describing in you thread to get NEMA 2000 working?
      Thx

Comment

Same cable for the 60 as for the 70 - as per my earlier post #2 and the link I provided. It will have the latest software installed when you buy it.

Also a network starter kit is required. Lowrance and Simrad are common kits, as are Garmin. Cost about $70 for the kits.

To do the initial network setup (configuration) you need a Suzuki digital gauge or Navico (eg Simrad or Lowrance) display. They dont have to stay on the network afterwards, once the setup is completed they can be taken off (eg if you are using a different brand MFD to display engine data.

You didnt say what your plans are for engine gauges??

If you are upgrading from the standard analogue dial gauge to aSuzuki C10 digital, the C-10 can be used to do the configuration. As per instructions in the sticky thread.

It is highly recommended to have one Suzuki digital gauge on the boat to monitor the engine, otherwise you wont get engine fault codes and service reminders.

The only exception at the moment is if you have a Simrad display such as a NSS evo3 or Lowrance HDS on the network, then there is a special interface cable available to use with them that transmits the fault codes etc and allows them to show on the display.

Comment

Working...
        X