New df30a trouble starting neutral switch adj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New df30a trouble starting neutral switch adj

New Suzuki owner was doing the break in yesterday and motor was acting up wouldn't start unless giggled the remote handle should I start with shift cable adjustment at the motor

there is also a neutral safety switch also at the remote
    If brand new it should be covered under warranty
    would talk with the dealer
    Art

Comment

Thanks Art I'm going to check it out tomorrow the nearst susuki dealer is 2 hours away I bought the motor from portaboat so I guess I'm the guy to fix it

Comment

order yourself the service manual
        it is worth every penny of the cost
        contains a LOT of data you will need to do service
        Art

Comment

I know old thread, but I’m having the same issue. Is there an adjustment I can do?

Comment

I'm new here and this might not be the way to start things but.... I installed my DF30A last December, bought it new online and the local service place wanted two weeks to look at it and give me an estimate of when they could work on it. I got a five year warranty with the motor. Well I did some research and wound up fixing the problem myself but it involved bypassing the neutral safety switch in the controls. This made it possible to narrow the issue to the neutral safety switch in the engine and was able to tweek it until it worked properly by adjusting the shift cable connection at the engine. I never did find the actual switch in the engine but the linkage works it somehow.

My issue was the engine wouldn't start sometimes and by shifting from neutral to reverse then back to neutral it would be ok and start fine. No problems since I did the adjustment and I left the switch in the controls bypassed. My guess is the reason for it in the first place is the controls are sold seperate and they might find their way to an engine without the switch on it. I don't know but two switches made trouble shooting a pain and I can't think of a situation where two are necessary.

Comment

My understanding is that the switch on the controls is to prevent the engine being started when its in gear.

The one on the engine is definitely there to prevent the engine being revved excessively in neutral.

Comment

Working...
              X