Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 smoke at startup

Hello all,

I have a Df115 with 5.5hrs on it. Firstly, I followed the initial break in procedures in the book, 4.5hrs left. Every time I start the engine I get a puff of smoke (burning oil, can smell it.). I have the engine on a bass boat, so I shut it down and crank it up probably 20-30 times a trip. Some starts no smoke some starts a little smoke, some starts a little more. Anyone had a similar experience? Im going to call the dealer Monday.

Runs great no smoke once started.

Mark
    Last edited by Jaws134; 07-06-2019, 05:58 PM.

Update: Just checked the oil level. Looks like the dealer over serviced the engine. It was 1/2 inch over the full mark. I drained some oil and will check for smoke next time I go out

Comment

I got exactly same problem. Did you find solution ? I heard somebody had same problem and after few years motor died completly, from the other hand I heard it's normal just tilt it higher when not in use. I'll try tilt it and give it a chance. I got 25h on it.

Comment

Usually nothing to worry about. Just trim the motor up a little more when the engine is stored. If stored when fully trimmed down it can do this. Trim up so the gauge shows its level.

Comment

Working...
        X