9.9 TH won't start with electric start but does manually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9.9 TH won't start with electric start but does manually

I have a suzuki 9,9 TH (2008) with remote control and electric start that won't start. it won't even turn over and there is no clicking sound. It does start manually when I turn the key to the on posisition and crank it with rope.Here is what I noticed and any help would be appreciated.

1.I have power to the unit, the power trim works on both the motor and with the remote control.
    2. I checked the fuse in the motor housing and its ok.
    3. I checked to see if it's neutral, the shifter moves into forward and reverse and I can see it moving in the housing. when I try to start it with the key it seems like if it was not in neutral but this seems to be ok.

not sure what else to check

thanks for your help

Sturgeonx

check all the wiring connections both the positive side and the ground side
    and assume batteries are fresh and fully charged

Comment

If it is starting with the rope pull, and then running fine, then its unlikely to be anything to do with start in gear protection etc. because that would also affect the manual starting.

More than likely, it will be your starting battery needing to be charged or replaced, or, the battery cables having a poor connection. That is where to look. Best to have the battery load tested.

Comment

I have the same problem. 2017 9.9 remote start. Fully charged 600 CCA battery with good connections and still no hint of attempting to turn the starter. No clicking...nothing. Starts and runs perfectly with rope start. Did you figure your problem out? I could use some help.

Comment

Working...
        X