DF300s Wiring Questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300s Wiring Questions...

Just had twin DF300s rigged on an 05 Seavee replacing Twin 250 verados. They kept the power steering off the verados and now the pump runs all the time.

Heres my questions:

What would be the appropriate wire to get switched power with the key on? The rigger wired the pump to constant power

What is the wire inside the dash harness that is a bullet with two grey wires? One goes to the troll controls and the other goes to a few splits in wires to a red one with a fuse. Another goes to a black wire. That is wired back to the pump which seems to be acting as a ground.

Is there a signal wire somewhere on a Suzuki that can be used as an “engine running” ground. I think what the pump is looking for is a ground that is only present when the engine is running if that makes sense?

I have been trying to analyze your question
    first the are no switched grounds that I am aware of - a ground is a ground .

I think where I would start is with the dealer that did the install
    If they rigged it incorrectly, it should be their problem to fix it
    Art

Comment

As you know by now, but others may not, the ignition switch on DF300's is a sealed unit. No studs to wire onto.

Why not wire your Verado pump to a separate helm switch. On and off only when you need it and properly amp protected.

Comment

Working...
      X