DF90 Fuel Burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF90 Fuel Burn

Can someone tell me what a reasonable estimated fuel burn (GPH) at, say, mid-throttle would be? Having to repair/replace my large aluminum below deck tank and trying to get an idea what size above deck tank to use in the interim, and how much endurance I have for local cruising.

Thanks -

Alchron
    I think there are too many variables for anyone to try to estimate your fuel consumption..
    You should be able to estimate how much fuel you need by past use and how many hours in a day you need to run the engine
    a 10 gallon tank is a pretty standard size.. if your engine on your boat is burning 1 GPH you get 10 hours . 2 GPH is 5 hours
    If you keep good notes about your trips you should be able to estimate a relative amount..
    yesterday we had a long tuna trip.. 11 hours on the water and put 45 gallons in the tank on the way home.. average hourly consumption 4.09 GPH

I know this doesn't fully answer your question but as I indicated, there are too many variables
    Art

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I think you gave me what I was looking for and is close to what I was purely guessing (3-5 GPH). The problem is that I have no history with the boat/motor, it being a recent purchase, used (2001), but new to me. Also the first powerboat I've owned in over 30 years and the very first of the newer (again, to me) 4-cycle outboards.

Thanks again -

Comment

Next time you are close to a Suzuki dealer they may be able to plug their computer into the engine and give you a great amount of detail on the engine history
        I just don't know what year that capability became available
        Art

Comment

Working...
        X