Power Quick-connects for DF9.9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Quick-connects for DF9.9?

I have to temporarily dismount my DF9.9 kicker so the grandkids can tube and wakeboard. (Grandma insists; I'm apparently not involved in this decision loop.) Wondering if there are recommended water-tight quick-connects for the power leads.

Yes, I'm trying to avoid pulling the battery switch to get at the back of it

I put plug/socket connectors on my battery so I could easily unplug & remove the small AGM battery from the boat where I run a DF25A. I'm not real happy with the electrical connectors I chose, so I'm not going to describe them... (though they're still working fine two years later.)

After I got done, I noticed that local retailers (Gander Mountain = Overton's, and Cabela's) stock male/female paired power connectors for trolling motors, which look to me as though they would have been a good choice.

Comment

Thanks, 'Bama...

I bit the bullet and disconnected from the battery switch. It was a little tedious but fairly straightforward. I don't anticipate having to do this too often.

For info...one of the local marine shops uses welding cable connectors. Single wire, water-proof, positive mechanical mate, etc.; what welders use to gang another length to reach the work site. A bit spendy (maybe $20 - $25 ea) but something you might want to research if you have to pull your battery at frequent intervals.

Take care and thanks for the info....

Roy

Comment

Working...
      X