Normal operating temperature for a DF60A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal operating temperature for a DF60A

Hello, this is my first post as a new member.

I've just had my DF60A serviced and noticed the temperature was a tad higher than previous. As this is the middle of winter in Australia, that strikes me as strange.
    So I'm wondering what the normal operating temperature range should be for my DF60A.
    At present, its operating at 71 degree's C at 2500rpm.
    As I mentioned the outboard has jus been fully serviced so I expected the new impeller would make the outboard cooler if anything.
    Thanks.

Mark, what was the normal temp you used to see? Do you know if they checked and/or changed the thermostat at the recent service?

There are a couple of different temp sources that these engines can use - my DF115 (2010) runs consistently at around 70-72C as shown on the network display. I think that may be cylinder head temp, whereas others use the block temp which reads considerably lower than that.

Comment

Sorry for extremely late reply.
      It turned out the DF60A had become unrepairable at just 12 running hours old. Having gone through the hands of 4 authorised Suzuki techs including the Suzuki State Tech manager himself. The outboard was deemed unrepairable and was eventually replaced by the Suzuki distributor, rather than via the authorised Suzuki dealer I bought it through, much to their incompetence and poor customer relations. The clowns.
      The replacement DF60A is operating fine and despite Suzuki promising 6 years warranty on this outboard, I now do my own servicing when I found almost 1 litre overfilled engine oil after I got the boat home after the 20 hour service, not to mention they lost my propeller for 7 weeks that they sent away to have cupped as part of the Suzuki prop experience. I've had a fair share bad luck with Suzuki and met more than my fair share of incompetent techs that shouldn't be permitted to work on lawn mowers.
      Last edited by Mark Griggs; 12-28-2021, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X