Suzuki Multi function gauge fuel consumption not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Multi function gauge fuel consumption not showing

I have bought a used 2015 175 hp engine with a multi function gauge nr 34200-87L12-001. It is connected to a Suzuki Gps antenna, as well as motor and power. There are 2 connectors unused called 3p and 5p comm. I can get all info on the display except the fuel consumption. Doni need any other cables connected to get this, or is it sometging in the settings? Also wondering how to connect the engine info to my Garmin Gpsmap 721x. Do i have the Nmea cable from the engine already? Is all i need the Garmin starter kit? Totally new to this, so simple explainations are welcome

I'm assuming you mean the round multi-function gauge. Go to Fuel Setup, scroll to fuel remaining source and then select engine fuel flow.. Press Enter. You have an NMEA 2K backbone, else your MFG would not be working. You'll need a "T" connector and a long enough extention cable to reach the NMEA input jack on your Garmin. The cable to the garmin attaches the the base of the "T" connector.
    Forum site is squirrelly tonight. Can't get pictures to upload correctly.
    Last edited by Harper; 07-26-2019, 10:40 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

I did reply earlier on his other duplicate post.

The gauge he has is the new (to the USA but used in the rest of the world since 2015), and it works very totally differently to the SMIS or C-10.

That gauge connects directly to the engine harness, and does not use an interface cable.

Anyway, there is a link to the installation manual for that gauge in the Suzuki networking sticky thread at the top of this forum. It may help figure out the issue with fuel flow. Fuel flow should be available, nothing else is required.

Also, since he says there is a Suzuki puck antenna already installed, there must be a simple NMEA2000 network already installed, so adding the Garmin display is as easy as adding an extra T to that network and a drop cable from there to the Garmin.
      Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-27-2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Here is a link to a video explaining the new gauge.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IdghHrBpyWg

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
          I did reply earlier on his other duplicate post.

The gauge he has is the new (to the USA but used in the rest of the world since 2015), and it works very totally differently to the SMIS or C-10.

That gauge connects directly to the engine harness, and does not use an interface cable.

Anyway, there is a link to the installation manual for that gauge in the Suzuki networking sticky thread at the top of this forum. It may help figure out the issue with fuel flow. Fuel flow should be available, nothing else is required.

Also, since he says there is a Suzuki puck antenna already installed, there must be a simple NMEA2000 network already installed, so adding the Garmin display is as easy as adding an extra T to that network and a drop cable from there to the Garmin.
          Hi!

Thanks for your answer. This seems like the gauge i have https://www.suzuki.hu/marine/files/d...talog_2014.pdf

I don’t have any T connectors as it is wired now. My guess is that i should pull out the cable that goes into the slot labeled engine on the gauge then connect it to 2 T connectors and use one drop cabel to the gauge and another to the Garmin?

Comment

Never seen that gauge before.

Suggest you talk to your dealer.

Comment

Working...
            X