2012 DF200 and C-10 Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 DF200 and C-10 Display

I have a 2012 DF200, new N2K backbone, C-10 display and Suzuki Interface programmed to v. 2.9. The C-10 is connected to backbone which is properly powered. The interface cable is connected to the backbone and then into the 4 pin square connector in harness at helm. Everything is connected at helm with original wiring from engine. The N2K is not connected to any other instrument or device.

Problem: Nothing registers on the C-10 but it is powered (no data displayed) and I can scroll through and make setup changes. My greatest need if fuel rate (GPH, total rule used), rpm and maybe engine temp. At this point I don't care about other data features that could be displayed on the C-10.

The engine harness at the engine end has to be disconnected and then connected to the SDS port.

What is happening is that currently it will be connected to the analogue data output from the ecu, and the data then goes up to the dash to feed analogue gauges. It needs to be changed to connect to the SDS port so it gets digital data that the C10 can read. The SdS port is the plug on the engine that the mechanic connects their laptop to. The main harness connection will be nearby.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 07-26-2016, 12:45 AM.

Comment

So, I won't need any type of adaptor cable to do this? Just unplug and plug to the other.

Thanks so much.

Comment

Correct. As stated.

Comment

IT WORKS! After four months of trying first to get the DF200 to send data to a FURUNO with a N2K network with interface and adaptor cables and then giving up and buying a C-10 and interface cable with v2.9 programming we now have a wonderful amount of data from the engine. VERY impressed.

The sad part of all this is I had to ask someone else what was wrong. The dealer that sold the C-10 and back programmed the cable never mentioned switching the wiring. You knew.

Many thanks from Guam!

Comment

Woohooo! It pays to be persistent!

Regrettably many Suzuki dealers clearly dont bother attending the technical schools and seminars that are run for them when this stuff gets introduced, nor do they stay up to date.

Im not a Suzuki dealer nor a mechanic, and this stuff generally isnt rocket science. Ive just taken an interest in it and have learned as Ive gone along, from setting up my own system, and helping others with theirs.

Glad its all working for you now!

Go out and enjoy! If you want more info and to understand the networking more comprehensively, read the sticky thread at the too if this forum where I wrote a paper pulling much of the knowledge together into one place. Its due to be updated, i will get around to that soon.

Comment

Working...
            X